Patient benefits may vary, so please confirm each patient’s eligibility for coverage and specific benefits.
Log in to get patient information
You can quickly see if your patients are covered by group dental insurance from Principal. On the Provider Service Center, you and your staff can:
Get benefits, eligibility and effective dates
- Check patient eligibility and coverage, including coinsurance, deductibles, benefit maximums, tooth history, network membership and benefits in effect on a given date.
Determine service eligibility
- See if your patient is eligible for exams, cleanings, X-rays and other major services. This feature isn’t yet available for all patients but we’re adding more every day.
View, request and print benefit summaries
- Get your patient’s benefit summary online. Or you can request to receive it by fax or email. Need a copy for your records? Save or print it from our website.
Check claim status
- See if a claim has been received and if it’s in process. Get information about claims processed and paid, including submitted charge amounts, check issue dates and payment amounts.
Not finding what you need online? Call us at 800-247-4695.
Before treatment begins for services such as inlays, onlays, crowns, prosthetics, periodontics and oral surgery, you may file a dental treatment plan with us. And within 10 days, you’ll receive a written response indicating benefits that are payable for the proposed treatment.
Submit the dental treatment plan electronically or to the claim center listed on your patient’s dental ID card. Be sure to include:
- Procedure(s) using current ADA codes
- Billed charge
- Supporting X-rays/information
Check these general guidelines (PDF) for supporting claim information and documentation needed to process frequently submitted claims. In some cases, we may ask you for more information.